BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 18, 2013

Mrs. Cassidy's Classroom Blog

Earlier this year, our class combined with a PreK class from China and a first grade and second grade class from the USA to make this e-book. In it, each of the classes shared some of their celebrations.

We hope you enjoy reading it as much as the children enjoyed writing it. Just click on the image below to read it.

Celebrate with us!

"I have been concerned, though, by some of the ways that I see technology being used. Technology should not just allow us to do things in a more engaging way; it should allow us to do new things that we thought were not possible. It is those new things that are the real value technology provides. It is not enough to USE technology. You must use it well."    

"Having access to books does not mean that the students in my classroom will learn to read. I need to make careful pedagogical choices and use those books in a way that will gently and purposefully help those children to become independent readers. Very few children can make this leap themselves. Most need a thoughtful teacher to guide them." 

"In the same way, having technology in my classroom does not mean that my students will discover how to use it as a learning tool. I have to carefully select and structure what it is used for so that it becomes truly educational. As with reading books, should not our goal be to develop independent learners? Here are my personal abuse and uselists for the handling of devices in the classroom." Kathy Cassidy


No comments:

Post a Comment